With more than 6 million members and clients, Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada. As an International Co-operative Alliance member, Desjardins shares the same ideals as thousands of cooperatives around the world. These ideals are expressed through a set of values that defined the cooperative identity since the very start. For more than 40 years, its component Développement international Desjardins (DID) has been working with developing and emerging countries towards the goal of sharing the expertise and experience of Desjardins and helping local communities set up their own financial cooperative networks. DID’s goal is to provide disadvantaged communities around the world with access to secure, diversified financial services that fit their needs.
Find stories from Desjardin Group and DID below.
- Encouraging savings with an innovative on-site deposit service in Benin and Mali
- Desjardins unveils the tallest indoor living wall in the world
- The Jardins of Desjardins
- Protecting small rice growers thanks to an innovative index-based crop insurance product
- Peace of Mind in a Time of Mourning Thanks to Loan Life Insurance
- A home of their own thanks to housing finance
- An invitation to the International Summit of Cooperatives
- Cirque du Soleil: an artistic example of cooperation
- The cooperative model in microfinance: More current and pertinent than ever
- “Les Choix de Marguerite”, winner of the Ruralia-Desjardins Award
- Inter-cooperation: Going Beyond Reconstruction in Haiti
- Intercooperation with Haiti
- Of fish and happiness