Lao Cai Provincial Cooperative Alliance was established in 1996. The unit has the following functions and tasks:
- Participating in the development and implementation of strategies, plans, programs for development of collective economy in the province.
- Gathering opinions and needs of LCPCA’s members to recommend and propose to the provincial Party Committee, the People’s Council, the People’s Committee, the Vietnam Cooperative Alliance, the competent agencies on policies, laws, planning, mechanisms and solutions to solve difficulties and to provide favourable conditions for the development of collective economic sector.
- Protect the legitimate rights and benefits of LCPCA’s members.
- Propagating and mobilizing households, individual economic establishments, smallholders, farm owners, cooperative groups, setting up cooperatives for production and business; To sum up and disseminate the experiences of the typical cooperatives, organize emulation movements in the Lao Cai Cooperative Alliance, in cooperatives and member enterprises.
- Providing consultancy, support, and service activities for LCPCA members in legal issues, investment, application of science and technology, economic information, market, credit, and other services.
- Organizing training for staff members of the Lao Cai Provincial Cooperative Alliance, managers and vocational trainers for cooperative members, workers in cooperatives and other members.
- Developing cooperative relations with socio-economic organizations in the province and with the Cooperative Alliance of other provinces. LCPCA is the focal point for receiving support programs and projects, aid for the cooperative economic sector, cooperatives, small and medium non-state businesses in the province.
- To summarize the production and business activities and propose solutions to develop small and medium enterprises in the province.